Monday, October 4, 2010

Antonov FAIL pt 2

So the biggest plane in the world was back in Charlotte this week, the Antonov AN-225.  It was here near the end of June to drop off some turbine equipment from Thailand to Siemens for repair.  I'm guessing the repairs were completed and the plane was here again to pick them up.

Kyle and I tried going to see the plane take off when it left before but there ended up being some kind of delay or mechanical problem so we waited for about an hour and half before we gave up and came home.  This time it was much less publicized and Flight Aware listed it as having filed a flight plan for 4:00pm departure 10/4/10.  So I got to a good stopping point with work and headed over about 3:40--hoping to just get lucky; get there right in time to see it and then come back home.  I did get to see it sitting on the tarmac on my way in which was cool, but I wanted to see it take off right in front of me!  Of course it was delayed again.  I waited about an hour and then decided I was going to come home, get a hair cut and go for a run.  Stopped by the hair cut place--a new little place two blocks away--but they're only open Tuesday-Saturday.  sigh, my run was alright though.  I'll try getting a hair cut tomorrow or try and convince Tiffani to do it again :)

anyways, here's some pictures I got from my mentor at work--he's also enjoys planes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment