Wednesday, December 30, 2009

somewhat easy E-ZPass...

I was entertained after my recent interest in an "E-ZPass" vehicle transponder to pay the tolls on the West Virginia turnpike that I travel on I-77 when going to/from Charlotte and Columbus.  I've seen E-ZPass for many toll roads in various states so I assumed it was a pretty sophisticated system.  Then I read this on their website under E-Z Pass FAQ.  First of all, the name "E-ZPass" is their own registered trademark yet the web page misspells it by putting a space between Z and P.

Q.        Can I sign up for West Virginia E-ZPass® on the West Virginia Turnpike website?

A.        Unfortunately, we do not yet have this capability.  However, an upgrade to our Toll Collection System is due to be complete in 2010 and at that time, customers will be able to sign up for West Virginia E-ZPass® online and have the ability to check their accounts and receive statements online.

 Wow...they hope to have online capabilities sometime in 2010.  Exciting.  I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I actually got my package in the mail and the following directions were enclosed:
Photobucket


Look at the car illustration!  instead of finding a new picture or editing it there is a hand drawn arrow and text explaining why the picture is irrelevant.


No comments:

Post a Comment