Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wedding!

Congratulations Adam and Colleen! Mr & Mrs Adam Bankovich. I think it was June 12th when they got engaged and as time flies here we are, married!

It was a busy weekend, here's a recap. I drove up to Columbus Thursday afternoon/evening; tried timing it so I could pick Mike and Rebekah up at the airport from their 10:30pm flight. Dropped them off at the hotel and then went to my parents house in Hilliard to hang out and spend the night. Friday morning I got my haircut and then around 1:30pm I met Mike and Matt at the hotel and we went to Men's Wearhouse at Tuttle Crossing Mall to try on our tuxes--which fit just dandy!

The rehearsal was at 3:30 so we went to St. Agatha in Upper Arlington. I'd actually never been there and it was really nice. The dinner was then at Oscar's in Olde Dublin--i'd also never been there and it was fantastic. after the dinner we went back to the hotel and since it was just across the parking lot from Dave & Buster's we went there and played games. I hadn't been there in forever and it was awesome.

Saturday is when I woke up feeling terrible. No, not hungover terrible but like sick terrible. I totally felt like I had the flu. To further this thought my co-worker from Indianapolis had been in Charlotte during the week and on friday he was off sick with a fever and went to the doctor. So, me getting sick the day after him seemed all too likely that he caught something on the plane on the way down, I got it from him, add a few days for incubation and boom -- swine flu epidemic of 2009. anyways, we all know I'm not much fun when i'm sick (who is?). not only was i feeling crappy but i didn't know what was wrong and i REALLY didn't want to get other people sick! regardless I wanted to make it through everything and was hoping I would magically start feeling better...divine intervention maybe?

The wedding started at 2:30 and was very nice, pretty much perfect actually. standard classy and classic Catholic ceremony. my favorite part was the boutonnière that we got:

Photobucket

orange flower with little hops in it! awesome. Colleen's Mom is pretty crafty/talented/jack-of-all-trades and made all the flower settings for the wedding--impressive and super cool!

after the wedding we went to the Swim & Racquet club in UA for the reception. we got introduced as we walked in so i wanted to be there for that and then i ate a great dinner that my body seemed to be thankful for. unfortunately i still felt terrible and really thought i should go to the doctor. I texted my Dad and he was able to come pick me up and take me to Urgent Care, so special thanks there. they even had the OSU game on in the waiting room! they did some kind of fancy flu test and said it came back negative for flu/swine flu. So that was good; however, it wasn't clear what was wrong with me, lol. well, the doc didn't know if it was viral or bacterial but treatment is pretty similar--tylenol, water/gatorade, sleep, repeat. i went back to the hotel and did just that. i woke up sunday feeling somewhat improved and likely functional. Took mine and mike's tuxes back to men's wearhouse at the mall and got a sandwich and some bread from Panera. was on the road for Charlotte around 11:30.

also, check out the cool groomsman gift, "hopside down" :)

hopside down

No comments:

Post a Comment