Friday, October 23, 2009

NASCAR Banking 500

Kyle and I attended the NASCAR Banking 500 race at the Lowe's Motor Speedway last Saturday, 10/17/2009.  It was actually pretty awesome!  I'm not really a big fan of NASCAR becuase it seems kind of boring--everyone has basically the same car and they drive around an oval 500 times...

As a main sponsor Sprint has a big luxury suite at the racetrack and since I just moved to Charlotte Sprint invited myself and a guest!  From a work standpoint being in Charlotte has been great, I've gotten to meet all the people that I've been working with for the last couple years.  Since I'm local now they can invite me to neat events like this!

We got there early, around 3:00pm, and were able to take a tour of the pit/garage/staging area.  This was pretty interesting and we got to see the cars up close and take some pictures.  The race lasted from about 7:30pm - 11:30pm.  It was actually kind of "boring" or uneventful for NASCAR standards--there were no major wrecks, just about a dozen caution periods because of drivers spinning out or losing a piece of their car, etc.  There were some lead changes and "points of excitement" but I'm not a very good judge of that...Jimmie Johnson ended up winning by a lot and nobody wanted him to win becuase he wins all the time?  whatever...

Hanno got me interested in F1 racing and said that hopefully there will be a USA race next season!

Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment