Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Duke Energy Center

The new Duke Energy Center building in Charlotte has some pretty sweet lights (LED?) incorporated into the exterior of the building.  Tiffani and I were out driving the other week at night and saw them being tested, I guess cycling through all the colors patterns.  Not really sure what was going on but it looked really neat, so cool to see a giant building be lit up with style and new technology.  I really like multicolor lights...lol. If it turns out to be as cool as it could be I was to get an apt/condo/house/etc with a view of it so I can just watch it every night.  Brandon has a pretty good view from his apartment, in the fall he said he saw the sides all lit up--i'm guessing it was something like this:
Photobucket

however, after seeing it lit up sometime in the fall while it was still under construction we didn't see any of the lights on the sides until a couple weeks ago.  Brandon heard they had problems with the original installation and were either working to fix it or replace it--not sure what happened.  A couple months ago Tiffani met the contractor that was working on it and confirmed that light installation did encounter a lot of problems, being complicated and very new technology they were essentially doing things for the first time.  Anyways, here's a video that someone captured while the lights were on, in person I didn't think it looked as fast as it does in the video but whatever, probably just part of testing.




I got the video from CLT Blog, here's their site if you want to check it out:  http://cltblog.com/  
Also, here's a new diner they moved to Charlotte last week, it's only about two blocks away from me. should be pretty sweet, I'm excited.
















Since it is May 8th, Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and sister!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment