Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Playoffs

While the NBA can be boring during regular season the playoffs are definitely exciting.  And, I dare say that I've changed my opinion of the former statement about the regular season being completely boring.  Though I was young when I lived in Phoenix I do remember the Suns and they were quite exciting, I particularly liked the gorilla mascot.  I'm somewhat of a natural Cleveland Cavaliers fan growing up in OH with family from Cleveland.  But, it's not the same when you're outside the city.  It's been pretty cool living in Charlotte with the Bobcats being right uptown.  While I didn't make it to a game this year I've enjoyed the atmosphere.  I definitely like watching games on TV but this is frequently unavailable until the playoffs.  With that, the Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Charlotte Bobcats are in the playoffs.  So I've got lots of games to watch!

As if I needed more TV to watch... I've been staying up-to-date with The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.  Breaking Bad has been amazing and Deadliest Catch started last week.  The Office, Parks & Rec, and 30 Rock have started to slack off and The Simpsons, Family Guy, and The Cleveland Show are becoming manageableAir Crash Scene Investigation has also started a new season which is pretty good.  My friend Brandon is also equally interested in aviation so I've started to get him hooked on the show.  His apartment faces towards the airport and he likes listening to ATC and watching the planes come and go--kind of jealous sometimes.

On another note, I've volunteered to participate in a bowling fundraiser for Charlotte big brother big sister via the IT Associate program at work.  It's May 8th and my goal is to raise $125.  If you'd like more information and want to donate:

Can you think of a better investment than the future of kids right in your community? Neither can I. And that’s why I’m asking you to help me support Big Brothers Big Sisters. Click below to find out how.



Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Big Brothers Big Sisters - Greater Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment